Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My car is running unstable on idle. The RPM goes up and down. Most of the time, it becomes normal again on driving mode. However, I can feel the car is a bit sluggish and lose some power.

Also, the check engine is on.

What might be a problem? Will it be an expensive fix?

I really appreciate your experiences and expertises.

Thanks

~e

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You need to have your codes read to ascertain what is causing the check engine light. It is impossible to do anything but make wild guesses as to what is causing your vehicles ailments without this information. Get a printout of you fault codes and post this information and I will be able to give you a better idea of the scope of your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I get codes printed out

Do I need to bring to dealership to get codes printed out?

I don't have the tool (OBDII) to check them. Any ideas?

My wild guess is that Air Mass Sensor is going bad, but the sad thing I can return it if I buy a wrong part.

I have been told there is no way to find out air mass sensor faulty without proper tool. Is that right?

Please advise :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You will need to get the OBDII codes from the computer. Any generic scan tool will be able to provide you with that information. If you have Autozone by your place of residence, they will read your codes for free. Although the Air Mass sensonr is a very common failure, you really won't know for sure withou the codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts