Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'll also echo Lynn's sentiments. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice 230

Nice car. I live near Prestige. If you don't mind, how much did pay for it? Was the dealer worth going to? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prestige

Thanks- Prestige was good- Of course Iwalked in knowing what I wanted-options,color etc. Knew I had to order it- Talked to the salesman they gave me-Bought in about 45 minutes (salesman dream I guess) 2k under sticker plus tax. 1200 miles now- better than ever!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
options

CD, Sunroof pkg (rain sensing wipers etc), metalic paint (black opal- which is kinda blue)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
options

CD, Sunroof pkg (rain sensing wipers etc), metalic paint (black opal- which is kinda blue)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry for the dup- and one more option

the 6 speed manual of course which is not an option (auto is).
Save money and have more fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Petewv - I saw your message on my thread for the 2004 C230k SS. I did see your pictures sometime back. I drooled over your pics for three months until I received my car. 8)

I did a special order in late May and it finally came in the first week of August. I was right in between the 03 and 04 models and decided to wait for an 04. It was a $150 price difference between the 03 and 04. Based on what my sales person told me the difference between the 03 and 04 are:

1. Wipers are made differently
2. The center arm console opens both ways (driver and pass. side)
3. The material for the interior roof is different

Sounds like you got a better deal than me. I was able to get $1300 off the sticker price. When people talk about the deals they get they tend to mix up the sticker, invoice and out the door price and it tends to make it look like they got a better deal then what they actually walked out the door, plus different dealer fees, state taxes and tags can be different state to state.

I choose to get the 230k over the 320. It didn't make sense to me to spend $5300 to get 25 more HP and Torque. I put that torwards more options (over $6000 in my case) and even get better gas mileage with the 230k.

I'm glad I went with the Auto and thought for a long time on getting the manual. At times I wish I had the manual but I also get stuck in traffic and appreciate the manual. The manual also gives you 2 driving modes:
1. The comfort mode - starts in second gear and shifts sooner. Not as fast off the line. If you floor the car, it will kickdown to first in comfort mode.
2. Sport Mode: Starts in first gear and shifts at higher RPM's.

It amazes me how well the car responds to my driving conditions. I do love the Bi-Xeon headlights. I think it makes my car standout more than the fog lens plus the intense light is cool at night. - Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts