Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps! my uncle just gave me a 1994 S420, it has 123,xxx miles. Its gonna be hard for me to take care of this car because i've never had a german car and im a poor bastard...im just a noobie technician too just graduated school so pretty much i dont have the money too spend on this car specially a benz...anyway what advices can you guys give the noob here...sell it? and how much do you think the value of this car? its still in good perfect running condition coz my uncle always took care of it...but maintenance will kill me anyway...any input will do guys thnx!

·
Registered
678 Posts
All the maintainance is pretty basic on the car. Plugs are too hard to change. Oil's pretty easy to change. Air filters, fuel filters. Cabin filters, and charcoal filters are anything but cheap though, but that's really up to you whether you want to replace them periodically or not. The usual maintainance items aren't really that expensive, but anything else on the car will be! Hopefully, your uncle took good care of it, and had it serviced and inspected periodically, and hopefully repaired anything that went wrong on it. If everything was neglected, then the car will probably be a complete money pit. On a brighter side though, the engine is pretty much bullet proof and if it always has good lubrication, it should last practically forever! The common problems on the cars include, oil leaks at oil level sensor, steering box leaks, differential leaks, lower control arm bushings, occasional upper control arm bushings, cracked wiring insulation in the engine compartment, leaking A/C evaporators, and the occasional blowed up tranny! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the input! really appreciate it anyway it still runs like new and my uncle always sent it on the dealership so its pretty much well taken care of...gas is just killing me right now and i dont want to drive this car everyday...im still thinking of selling this car since i dont have deep pockets but i love this car though and its like my unlce first luxury car so pretty much its sentimental to him im so confused :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts