Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am little bit technical and do some small work of car myself. I have $3000- 5000 budget to buy car or suv.

I think within this budget I can buy 1998 - 2002 modal.

Which car is more easy and reliable for DIY kind of guy with very small budget.

Is SUV more reliable then car? which year and modal should be first time MB buyer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Frankly speaking I feel that you should increase your budget and in case you can’t then better to wait, it’s always good to purchase a good vehicle then get stuck with small budget one, it’s a reliable car but still I will suggest you to look for much bigger brand and that’s possible only when you are going to increase in your budget, so do that first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It absolutely can! I can tell you that first hand. Very reliable car unless you don't take care of it though. I'm sure all can agree. It gives the owner back what the owner gave to it. If you put bad gas in it, you'll know. You need to change the oil, you'll know. Working with these cars is pretty self explanatory if you know what you're doing. But then the times when you're stuck you have Eric here that will pull you out of a hole when you're stuck lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would be interested in a 1995 E320 124 wagon, just needs paint due to clear coat peeling. I had it since 96 less than 135k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts