Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully tomorrow i will be picking up a 1998 e320, smoke silver, tan leather, 90k, super clean, tinted, factory wheels chromed.

couple questions though

how much is a new key? i believe the car only comes with one key and i would like to have another, the dealer said he can get me another one at his cost but id like a ballpark figure if anyone out there knows.

also

which is the best xenon retro for cars of this year?

if i get to pick it up tomorrow ill be sure to post pics, first mods will probably be some stereo work, then new wheels/tires.

any other good "first mods" dont really care about power, maybe exhaust, but this is much faster than my little 190e R.I.P

anyway, tia to anyone who can answer those questions

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The smartkey for your vehicle will be $150-$200. Buy MB parts if you want to retrofit xenons. I'm not a big fan of the generic retrofits as your reflectors are set up for the light dispersion characteristics of a halogen bulb. A generic retrofit will not have a sharp cut-off line and will glare very badly at oncoming traffic. This is also illegal, but depending on where you live, it may or may not be closely enforced. It gives you the look but none of the actual performance associated with an upgraded lighting system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts