Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all...

As you can see, I'm a new member here, and I would like to say a big "hi" to eveyone here, and to say I look forward to knowing some of you through this forum! :).

As I'm pretty much new to the world of Mercedes-Benz,( :oops: ) I would appreciate it if someone could explain to me the number system. For example, BMW has the 3 series, 5 series and the such, and the numbers after the series number is how powerful the engine is, i.e. 3i8-Series 3, 1.8.
The Mercedes system looks a little confusing, but hopefully, with your help, I'll come to grasps with it! :)

See you around on the forum!

P.S. I apologise for using BMW as an example-it's late, and therefore I can't quite think of a better example to use... :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome :)

Welcome to the BenzForum online community! I think you will find a lot of good information about all things Mercedes-Benz. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome and have fun!

As with BMW, usually, but not always, the number references the engine size (C320 = 3.2 liters). Without a lot of detail, the C Class is the relative competitor to the BMW 3 Series, E Class to the 5 Series, and S Class to the 7 Series. MB has their AMG versions to go against the BMW M Series.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello

hello. Another new member signing on from the U.S. All my autos have been domestic, to date. I'm considering something in an SL to satisfy my itch for a toy. Advice and direction is welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts