Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do have one more question. I have a 2003 C240 I have over 100K on it. The car tells me that the lights are burnt out, but when I check the lights they are not burnt out this is all on the passenger side. It is the turn signals, brake light, and tail light. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
The instrument cluster should tell you exactly which bulb is burnt out. You may not be finding it though, cause your car uses bulb substitution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn signals

Thank You for your reply. I did remove every light in the pass. rear and front lights they are all good. Sometimes it works but most of the time it does not.

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's common for the contacts on the front turn signal sockets to burn up, causing it to not work, though the bulb is still good. There's updated turn signal sockets that can be installed, but it requires unpinning the headlight connector and installing into a new harness, and installing a ground. This may part of your problem if your front turn signal isn't working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turn signals

Thank You I did check that out and the socket is burnt out on one side. do you believe that a someone who is not a MB tech can change this out? Thank You for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts