Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The only way to really do it right is to get new headlight housings from MB that had factory xenon lighting. The reflector in your halogen housings create a different lighting pattern and would be blinding to other drivers were xenon bulbs installed. True HID lighting disperses light in a very different manner than traditional halogens. As it stands, HID retrofit kits are technically illegal in the US. Ebay seems to have them most of the time. There are no lighting advantages to be gained by using HID's in a halogen housing. That said, a half-assed retrofit sort of goes against the function over form mantra so prevalent in German engineering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks. i totally understand about the HID in halogen housing issue. i put Sylvania HIDs in my Expedition a while back. So do you even know if they make a housing kit for my 96 S320 ? i have not seen them anywhere

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
They are factory parts, available from the dealer. I think bekkers.com may have them as well.

·
Registered
48 Posts
YOU can try HID made in china, their tested, no need to change the housing.cost around $300 complete set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
YOU can try HID made in china, their tested, no need to change the housing.cost around $300 complete set.
hi, I want to get HIDs for my 1992 500SEL, are you able to point me in the right direction for where I can get a HID conversion kit.

I hope I do not need to change my current hosing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts