Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DANG THAT CAR HANDELS! I DIDNT EVEN NOW THAT I WAS GOING SO FAST UNTIL MY FRIEND FREAKED OUT. DID ANY ONE ELSE GO THAT FAST SHARE UR STORIES.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just last night I was driving home from a party totally oblivious to the fact I was doing 95. Oops. Not a good plan on a Los Angeles freeway. The Highway Patrol has no sense of humor.

I'm going to Vegas next week and I will really have to be careful on that nice stretch of road. Got stopped last time but was only warned.

The car just rides so smoothly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
in my last car i did 175miles/h

sorry was a BMW M3 2001 but i got tired of how easy can get me in the dealer all the time . so i bought a new mb instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
friends friends friends... i can just nod my head!!!
last night, came back from germany! Hit 225 kmph (140mph) before I had to brake for a bend on the german autobahn!! The best about our cars: even at that speed, one can listen to classical music and not have to shout at the passengers, that is how silent the car is!!
Regards from Vienna, Austria
Rumman

·
Registered
3 Posts
friends friends friends... i can just nod my head!!! :lol: :lol:
last night, came back from germany! Hit 225 kmph (140mph) before I had to brake for a bend on the german autobahn!! The best about our cars: even at that speed, one can listen to classical music and not have to shout at the passengers, that is how silent the car is!! :wink:
Regards from Vienna, Austria
Rumman

·
Registered
21 Posts
rsyed said:
friends friends friends... i can just nod my head!!! :lol: :lol:
last night, came back from germany! Hit 225 kmph (140mph)
Rumman

I hate you I hate you I hate you. I read that North America is limited to 130MPH, However, I did not get a chance to go over 120 to test that theory :( oh, I miss autobahn.

Also a coment on Feeling safe at that speed, well, I don't think so. at that speed no matter what car your in, it's not safe.
After totaling 3 cars, trust me even going 80 is not safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think doing 120mph in USA is NOT SAFE has more to do with every other morons driving around you then the speeding driver him/herself. You will find old grandma doing 55mph on a 65mph road on the FAST lane... if I approach this grandma at 120mph, as much as I know our cars can handle that speed I still might not be able to break fast enough. Not to mention those who think they are the good citizens doing policing job by cutting into the fast lane to slow you down, even though there is nobody in front of them in their slow lane. Oh well, American road manner. :?

We had a 911 before the C230K (can't afford the 911 anymore...) and I could hit 140mph easily. We chased a 540i (couldn't really catch up though) at over 150mph one time, but that only lasted a few minutes after slow moving traffic blocked every lanes. Nonetheless, the USA will never have enough driver education to do what the Germans had been doing... autobahns.

W.

p.s. I case you couldn't tell, I don't promote driving fast in the USA mostly because of the "road conditions" here. I think it is very dangerous and un-safe to go over even 85mph, especially in the area I live in. So follow the laws except you have a perfect stretch of car-free (and cop-free) freeway and you feels like stretching the muscle of your MB. :wink:

·
Banned
175 Posts
My Volvo is locked in at 150, now why is our Coupe locked at only 130. Not that we need to go that fast, just curious.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
C230K said:
My Volvo is locked in at 150, now why is our Coupe locked at only 130. Not that we need to go that fast, just curious.
The standard tires are 205/55 R 16 91H's. The H is the speed rating which means the tire is capable of 130 mph. In our litigious society if some fool hurt himself going more than 130 on those tires, he or his estate would collect big money from MBUSA, DCX and the tire company.

·
Registered
21 Posts
C230K said:
No clue, but that's what I heard.
and Wallace, you are so rite, it makes me cry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
blimpster99 said:
DANG THAT CAR HANDELS! I DIDNT EVEN NOW THAT I WAS GOING SO FAST UNTIL MY FRIEND FREAKED OUT. DID ANY ONE ELSE GO THAT FAST SHARE UR STORIES.
I hit the top speed limiter on the way to Vegas about 1 month ago. 135 mph baby. I HAD a c230 kompressor sport coupe with C1, C4, C5, C7. Unfortunately my car contracted the stupid unfixable engine problem that I've read about. The next step is me collecting a C320 coupe with all the same whistles.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Jonathan said:
blimpster99 said:
I HAD a c230 kompressor sport coupe with C1, C4, C5, C7. Unfortunately my car contracted the stupid unfixable engine problem that I've read about.
What problem is that and where did you read about it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lynn said:
Jonathan said:
blimpster99 said:
I HAD a c230 kompressor sport coupe with C1, C4, C5, C7. Unfortunately my car contracted the stupid unfixable engine problem that I've read about.
What problem is that and where did you read about it?
The problem is that the engine will uprev/downrev continously, when shifting from park into either drive or reverse. It happens 90% of the time on first starts of the day, whether it be cold or hot outside. Shifting it back into park or neutral solves the problem but if your foot is not on the footbrake you could lurch right into whatever is in front of or behind your car. It is not A/C related, nor is it a "fuel issue". This happens with the A/C off and only premium gas in the tank. Mercedes knows of the problem and has NO FIX for it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went to New Port Beach a few weeks ago and had a great time. On the way home I wanted to see what it felt like to take my coupe around one hundred. It was scary 8O It felt like I was going fifty and the car was saying lets go 120 and see what happens :p Now I have problem slowing down 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
speed in Germany

rsyed said:
not crazy but fun.... :D
I picked up my SLK at the factory near Stuttgart and drove it through Europe for a month. After break-in I frequently ran it up to the electronically limited top speed of 250km/h or 155mph. The car feels very stable, quiet and comfortable with the original Michelin W-rated tires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts