Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else notice that the edge of the hood where it is suppose to meet with the bumper doesn’t quite line up with the rest of the bumper? If I look at the front end of the car from the side I can see that the hood doesn’t line up. Does anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
You don't state the age of your car. However, if it was recently purchased, a hood or bumper re-alignment should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opps, I 'm new to this list. I have a '02 C230 Coupe. One day I just noticed that the hood looked like it was slightly open, so I tried to close it again. But looking from the side it seems like the hood, when closed, doesn't line up with the bumper. Do you notice this on your car?

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have noticed that my hood extends about 1/4 inch further forward than the bumper where they meet. However, the back of the hood (near the windshield) meets perfectly, as do the sides next to the fenders. Really no room for adjustment, so I assume that it's by design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I thought my wife might have taken my car out and ran into something that pushed the bumper back or something. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts