Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's questions covers the front and the rear of the car!

First, my E320 Wagon's hood ornament got pulled off of the car this weekend - snapped off; I was able to remove the remaining ball-shaped piece still down in the hood. My question, is there any trick to putting a new one back in? Does it just "snap" into the opening on the hood? Any suggestions - mail order or other - as to where to purchase another hood ornament?

Secondly, I've been told that the inner portion of the rear, driver's side tail light assembly needs to be replaced - this is the part that includes the plate into which the light bulbs fit. After several light bulbs and electro-glop, I think that I finally need to break down and get one. Again, any suggestions as to where I can purchase this, or is this a "dealer-only" item?

Thanks for any and all replies!

TPh

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi Tom. We can supply both the parts needed here at www.importpartsonline.com If you do not find what you need on the online parts catalog, let us know and we have another source for Mercedes and BMW parts. Welcome to the BenzForum community. 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any tricks to installing either of these parts? Is this something that only a shop should install? Comments? Advice?

TPh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Installation Assistance

Anyone with experience installing these parts? Your help is most appreciated!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Replacement of both parts are easy do-it-yourself projects. You should be able to purchase the parts and install them yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone offer specific instructions to install a new hood ornament or rear brake light assembly for '98 E320 Wagon, or direct to a Website with specific instructions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts