Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car and I'm thinking about the C230K coupe. This will be my first car for myself alone and I'm 22. I'm going to grad school in a few months so I will not be buying another car for a very long time. I will be buying the car not leasing and so I'll have it for at least the next 5 to 7 years.

I was just wondering do you find this car to be too small for your needs. I ask because it will be my only car in the house and I will need it when I go visit my parents 7 hours away at least once a year. Do you think it will satisfy my needs since I don't have a family to worry about but have no other vehicle around?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I find the size to be perfect -- I can reach the back seat and slap the kids when I need to! :lol:

JK -- I don't hit my kids...

But seriously, while I've only had this car for 2 weeks, I find it to be more than ample. I've carried 4 rims in boxes plus 2 passengers with knapsacks without any problem. I've also hauled 4 tires in bags in it. And yes, for a short haul, I even had 5 people in the car. (Sssshhhh! Don't tell the cops!)

I've had even smaller cars in the past -- this is a huge upgrade for my kids. I have found that when I need to haul anything bigger than what my car can provide, I go to National and rent a Ford Ranger, or stop by Home Depot and rent their truck for $20. You can't beat those deals! (Well, maybe you can, but not by much...)

Why pay for a huge-ass vehicle with piss-poor gas mileage when the majority of the driving that you do is by yourself or with one or two others?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you are not going to be hauling passengers much, the size should be fine. The back seats don't offer much leg room. But they do fold down nicely which opens the cargo area up very well. Should be no problem hauling stuff for weekenders.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The utility of a hatch compensates for the small size. It'll hold four adults in reasonable comfort, two in great comfort. :D I've gone on camping trips (where you drive up to the site) and have held all the needed gear for two people.

The size is very maneuverable and easier to fit in a tight parking space. However, I tend to park away from other vehicles and walk a little extra distance to the store, cinema, etc. Trying to keep it dent free as long as possible.

This is my only car. Have had it since June 2002 and have no regrets.

·
Registered
43 Posts
c230 size

I have had my c230 coupe for almost six months now. I drive mostly by myself, sometimes with my wife I find the front passenger room great. I am 6 feet tall , plenty of head and leg room, more leg and head room than my 2001 honda accord coupe. The rear hatchback is very practical and usefull. Gas mileage is a big plus too. great looks too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Or, to take the question literally: How do you find the size of your coupe?

1. Pull car into standard 20 x 20 garage.
2. Measure front bumper to wall and note (i.e. 2')
3. Measure rear bumper to garage door and note (i.e. 4')
4. Measure driver's door handle to left wall and note (i.e. 12')
5. Measure passenger door handle to right wall and note (i.e. 2')

Add 2 & 3, and subtract from 20': 20-(2+4) = 14'
Add 4 & 5, and subtract from 20': 20-(12+2) = 6'

The size of your coupe is 14' x 6'.

Or, you could look up the actual dimensions in the owner's manual (more accurate). :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Size of C230 Coupe

Well, now. My wife and I drove from Vancouver to Edmonton and back c. 1900 miles, via the mountains, hills and such and through assorted weather systems. I am 6ft 2ins(190lbs). I had lots of room to stretch out. The seats are firm but neither my wife nor I got sore backs!!The back seat held my two Outlaws(read: brother/Sister-in-law), comfortably for a local 400 mile tour of the area night spots etc. I parked next to a Mustang GT, with a back seat which would just about accommodate my two grand-daughters(ankle-biters)--without their car seats. I got 40 MPG or thereabouts regularly (Canadian gallons) at 60-75MPH and the car performed like a true Benz--with steroids. I also carted back several tomato plants, rhubarb plants, bushes, jars of pickles and loads of luggage, without folding down the back seat.
What's not to like?? Regards to you all!!

Grandpa :lol: Al
back home and in the kitchen....

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's a good size. small on the outside, useful inside. My C230K replaced a Mercury Cougar. They are about the same size outside but the Benz had a much bigger back seat and the truck size about the same.

C230K back seat is also bigger than my Audi A4 which has 4 doors! Overall, I would say that most people will find the car big enough. If you like coupe, this one is pretty much dead on the money for style, performance, value, space, and utility. The only thing I wish it was different is better handling and more fun to drive. MB is a tad on the sensory deprivation side for me. Toyota owners would be very much at home in a C class. Me not so much... I like to feel I'm driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts