Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Do You Keep Your Black C Class Looking Shiny and Clean, Dose Anyone Have a Good Tips ? Californian Dusters ?

I use meguiers and mothers, but it i feel like i have to do a total wash every three days to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wash it a lot. :) No I found some wipes that I use, after I wash my car they are called GLOSSERS. Also wax-as-you-dry by eagle one is great. Its in a red spray bottle. I found both at walmart. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah I bought mothers californian gold showtime quick detailer. Its supose to give a show quality shine. All it dose it makes nice smudge marks all over your car. On black paint you really notice it. I wasted 7.50 on that junk. I will try eagle one wax as you dry, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are a tons of discussions about this but I will put my two cents in. Get a good...no a great wax. I have been told by several detailers that once a car is sealed (and yes this is different from just putting a wax coat on the car) all you need is water, 2-3 sponges, and good clean towels with no fabric softeners added. I have done this method on several cars I have owned and it has worked well. The wax stays because you are not using and chemicals at all on it.

Again this is just my opinion. I run a small detailing business out of my garage and this is what I do on the high end car I detail.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah that's what i have been doing, i just bought meguiers 3 stage wax going to wax it up, i never thought of not using soap, but i have been towel drying my car.

When you wax it, do you do it buy hand or electric buffer

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my experience I have always done this by hand. Since the car is new you are not having to get any blemished out of the finish. And by hand tned to get better coverage if you take your time. Much of the car wash soaps on the market claim to add and protect the wax. I honestly do not trust their claims. I have found that it is best to just use water. Keep in mind this is more a freak like me who cleans his car a few times a week if need be. But with no soap I do it in my garage and no water ever hits the floor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hate to say it, Black looks great when it's clean, but it is hideous when it's dirty!! I recently started using "Griot's garage" products and I have to say, their great. I start out by using his "wash" with a boar's hair brush (great to get in and out of the cracks,) then I go over it with a "quick detailer that I have had nothing but great results with.

And I currently am using Medallion for wax, it is a pain to use, but it was designed for darker cars. I also go over the car with a hand glaze (No.7) before I wax. It makes the car's color much "deeper." Good luck
JM

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best prodics i have ever used is "Zaino Brothers" i use all the products on my corvette showcar it it always looks like the paint is still wet. It is a three stage system that is easy and amazing. you can tell who uses the stuff as the cars roll by in a show.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

·
Registered
52 Posts
Black paint is difficult to maintain. Granted I think it looks the best when it's clean, but it can easily show swirls and scratches. First things first...you must avoid the swirls!

Since your car is new, you may not need to clay it. Claying your car will get rid of any surface contaminants on the paint caused by industrial fall out, bird mess, things like that. You want your paint to be smooth as glass before you start applying products.

If your car has some swirls, you might have to use a product to remove them. Meguiars #9 Swirl remover will do the trick. After this process, you can then apply your sealants and glazes.

Some memebers mentioned Zaino, which is a fantasic product. The Klasse system also works. That involves a paint cleaner and application of a sealant glaze that will fill any leftover micro-marring. After this process, you're read to top with a nice carnauba wax for a FANTASTIC shine and superior durabilty.

Detailing cars is truly an art. I recommend you go to www.autopia.org and read through the messages and post your questions. Everyone there is super friendly and they will tell you exactly what you need to do to protect your car's paint. You'll never believe how much you can learn about detailing until you visit this site. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: How Do You Keep Your Black C Class Looking Shiny and Cle

Andrew said:
How Do You Keep Your Black C Class Looking Shiny and Clean, Dose Anyone Have a Good Tips ? Californian Dusters ?

I use meguiers and mothers, but it i feel like i have to do a total wash every three days to keep it looking good.
you should try zano brothers products. They have a web site

1 - 13 of 13 Posts