Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fast have you gone in you C-Class? I hit 124...Did anyone beat me? When does the govenor kick in?

·
Registered
32 Posts
gawd... where did you two find a highway straight enough to hit that speed? i capped at 111 and that was on the nj turnpike with traffic.

:twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Speed!!!

:twisted:
On trips through Canada from Buffalo I hit between 135-137 racing some Subaru. I am not positive on the speed because as I was racing, the governor kicked in and last time i looked the speedo was around 131 so i figure i had to be about 135 when it hit. I can tell you, as you probably already know, it is as smooth as can be. Easily controllable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
70 mph

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am not sure 100 % but I think lowers will say:

I refuse to answer on the grounds of later incrimination

:lol:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I pushed my c230 coupe to 100mpg. Wanted to go faster but chickened out :oops: Actually I don't think any speed is safe on the 91 fwy 8O

·
Registered
17 Posts
Autobahn

Hallo, with my dad's C 230k I did 158 mph on the german autobahn. I did that at night because then the Autobahn is free. :twisted:
My A 170 CDI go's up to 118 mph. 8)
Four weeks ago I had the luck to drive a C 220 CDI Sportcoupe. I can't finde out the top speed beccause there was to much travic. I even reached 136 mph. But it's a great feeling to drive a sportscar with diesel engine.

Why don't you use kilometers then it would be easyer to talk about speed?
Fortunately you drive on the right side not like the british :wink:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: Autobahn

Superschnitter said:
Why don't you use kilometers then it would be easyer to talk about speed?
Fortunately you drive on the right side not like the british :wink:
The United States does not use the metric system. Too many whiny people complain about having to learn something new. Most manufacturers use it to be competitive with the rest of the world, but convert to the English system for lazy Americans.

By the way, the Brits drive on the right side of the car. We drive on the correct side of the car. We drove on the right side of the road, and the Brits drive on the wrong side of the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanx

Tank you Lynn for this little english lesson. :wink:

But you can use right for both. Ok it could be misunderstood.

right like correct or right like right hand bend

And i think the SI system for units is used in more countries in the world.
But it's no problem for me to change it in miles 8)

Greetings from a whippersnapper :lol:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: Thanx

Superschnitter said:
Tank you Lynn for this little english lesson. :wink:

But you can use right for both. Ok it could be misunderstood.

right like correct or right like right hand bend

And i think the SI system for units is used in more countries in the world.
But it's no problem for me to change it in miles 8)

Greetings from a whippersnapper :lol:
I wasn't trying to give you an English lesson. I was just trying to be humorous at the expense of the Brits. I hope that is the way you understood the comment. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hallo Lynn, I understood what you wanted to say :D
But it's no problem if someone correct my mistakes I would be thankful.
I hope I never stop learning 8O

·
Registered
34 Posts
When driving back to New York City from Montreal

On I-87? I hit 107mph in my C230K. On wet road.

Just awesome.

I'm too much of a city slicker who pays too much already in insurance (about $475/mo for full coverage) to ever attempt to try to beating that personal record.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hit 130 (210 KM) on the Vancouver Island Highway. It felt awesome. Just got the car 4 days ago. How do you remove the limiter?

·
Registered
40 Posts
i did 200 kmh this weekend in my c180...he was going as if he was just doing 50 hehe super smooth and steady..i could have pushed him alot harder....but i backed off cause i just got it and dont want to push it too hard just yet ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
ha... i'm reporting all of you to your local law enforcement official.

j/k...

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the 401 between Guelph and Toronto, 235 kmph (about 146 mph) in my 1982 German market 380SEL. The bugs on the windshied never had a chance. :D

Edit - and now I just notice the question is targeted to C-class. Oh my. My bad twice, once for speeding, once for posting!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts