Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason i think i'm getting horrible gas mileage on my 94 c220. i hit almost 400 miles on a full tank. but it was ALL highway miles. it seems much, much, much less driving around my town and i'm seemingly putting gas in every other day. I only put premium in it and even without a lead foot it doesnt go very far.

I havent checked the air filter, but I suspect it that might be the problem..what else could cause this? It doesnt seem to be running rich but every so often i have idle problems which could be the mass air sensor..could that be a reason as well?

Or maybe I'm just used to the mpg that my civic gave me?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My 202 got fairly bad mileage as well. The m111 in general is going to burn more gas than most other similar displacement engines. It sort of comes with the territory. The m271 motor that replaced it did show a marked improvement in fuel economy for most drivers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
fuel mileage on 202

I have a 99 c230K that only gets about 320-350 miles per tank all highway miles. That works out to about 21-23 mpg, which really isn't that bad...no comparison to a civic but the ride is much nicer. I drive mine 89 miles every day!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts