Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
:(
You must live in Canada.
In Maryland, where I live, it is going for $1.80 a gallon at our local discount gas station.
:twisted:
In California it is well above $2, I have heard.
We may need to tow a Toyota Prius as a thrifty dingy on our M/B till this highway robbery runs it's course.
When I use a "featherfoot" on the go-pedal I get 30mpg in town :p
Zada

·
Registered
263 Posts
Filled tank on Wednesday at $1.86 per gallon. Just the week before I paid $1.70. Have seen as high as $1.97 in New Jersey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Too EFFING much.
Our part-time president wont do anything to his oil buddies to help alleviate the ever increasing cost of petrol to the consumer.
He has to make sure they get repaid for their campaign contributions, both past & future.
Latest phony excuses:
The blackout.
The AZ pipeline.
One refinery off line.
Summer travel.
Winter heating.
Seasonal reformulation.
OPEC.
Too much pumping.
Not enough pumping.
Too much reserve.
Too little reserve.
Help pay for Iraq to get on its feet. PS they are producing oil again.
A bird dumped a turd on an oil well.

The uneducated masses will swallow anything.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Benz member Grandprix should have his information on the current gas pricing problems printed in USA newspaper.

·
Registered
127 Posts
GrandPrix said:
Too EFFING much.
Our part-time president wont do anything to his oil buddies to help alleviate the ever increasing cost of petrol to the consumer.
He has to make sure they get repaid for their campaign contributions, both past & future.

The uneducated masses will swallow anything.
Talk to your neighbors, make sure they don’t make the same mistake next year as they made in 2000. Remember this guy Bush went to war with a country not because we needed to, but because he wanted to. Gave huge contracts to buddies like Halliburton and Bechtel that our children and grandchildren will be paying on for a hundred years or more.

Just what do you think he’ll do with a country with which we have a 50 year old truce/ceasefire that now possesses nukes. My guess/hope is if he can’t figure out how to make money on it he’ll probably be to chickens#*t to do anything and pass it off to the UN. Then again this cowboy ain’t that bright, so look out.

Oh yeah the topic, $1.75/Gal 91 Octane

·
Registered
89 Posts
I paid $2.23 per gallon just a few days ago. It hasn't slowed me down though. Why have a C230 coupe if you can't enjoy the power. My car is paid for.... gas is my only expense :? after California "use tax" that ran me $2,527 and I still need to smog it. That's another $92 :cry: what's $2.23 But I'm happy 8O .....oh! were we talking about gas prices? I'm not so worried about what I have to pay for gas, I'm more worried about what the service industry has to pay for gas. Food, the price of a stamp, even the ice cream truck has to pay more. Guess who their cost will be passed on to?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts