Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I and my wife were at the Benz dealer in NoCal today. We looked at and drove the 230K Sedan (1.8/6M). The car has a basic trim without any options except the metallic paint.

We liked the car a lot and the dealer is asking for 25900 USD :roll: . Is this a good price? Please let me know how much you paid you yours?

Thanks,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sure the car is not used or a demo? That is below invoice for a sedan (4 door). I don't know of any incentives (rebates) on these.

If the car is new and the price real, I'd jump all over it. I got mine for $500 over invoice. Much more than yours but with quite a few options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is it suppose to be $28,710?

Hmm.... are we talking about C230 4 Doors? Is it suppose to be $28,710 MSRP for the base car? Or I missing something here? I checked the price on Cardirects.com... they ask for $27,951... If you can get it for $25,900... man... it is a good deal! 8O

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid $30,575 for a 2004 C230 sedan with 5-speed automatic, CD changer, and sunroof package. Sticker was over $33k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sounds 'about' right for a 2003 with basic options. But really, if your buying a Benz it's always nice to shell out a little extra for options

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think people in the forum consistantly don't understand the difference between invoice and sticker price when talking about prices on cars.

Invoice = How much your Dealer probably paid MB (this is standard set price that you can find on internet sites for any MB model). Sometimes dealers get a little kickback on incentiatives or volume of sales depending on what MB has offerred the dealers any given month / year which will make their negotiations with customer more flexable if the customer is aware of the incentiatives or kickbacks. Don't expect to be able to negociate with MB dealers like you can with a Chevy dealer.

Sticker = The price that is on the window of the car your buying (usually around a 7% increase over the invoice price)

Out the door = Actual price you paid, including dealer fees, taxes and tags.

Some people posted they got several thousand off invoice (this is unlikely, unless you are turning some serious Monica Lewinsky tricks with the dealers' management team)?

When someone states how much they got off, it is usually off the "Sticker" Price. The only exception is if MB is running an incentitive (230 Coupes had an incentive earlier this year).

In my case, I was able to negociate $1300 off the sticker price of my 04 C230k SS, but then you add dealer fees, taxes and tags to that to get the out the door price.

Invoice price does not make sense to discuss because the invoice on the cars will be different for every care based on options and dealer fees.

It makes most sense to say how much you recieved below "Sticker" Price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts