Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to add rear spears and a subwoofer to my 230k sedan. It currently has the standard non-bose audio system. So I wanted to add a pair of rear speakers where the Bose speakers are supposed to be and also add a pair of subwoofers. Does anybody know how to remove the rear deck? As well as where are the existing speaker wires are?

·
Registered
45 Posts
although i am not the most handy person. i do know about car audio with MB. i wouldnt even attempt to change out the rear door speakers in my c230 coupe b/c the wires obviously have to go thro the doors b/c those are the rear speakers. and if you want to change your door speakers, u also have to change you head unit because the MB stock door speakers are three ohm and all other are either 2 or 4 ohm... I bought Quantum 6.5" coaxials for my car, and 2 JL 12...... i love it , i have pics and i am putting them in my computer prob 2morow- if you email me at [email protected] i will send you the pics and give you more info about MB car audio

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
platt said:
if you want to change your door speakers, u also have to change you head unit because the MB stock door speakers are three ohm and all other are either 2 or 4 ohm...
This is incorrect. MB speakers are 4 ohm speakers, unless the system is a Bose system. Bose speakers are 2.something ohms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts