Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
very simple question i'm sure but how do I find out the type of brake light bulb i need?

edit: just making sure i dont need to go to mercedes for the bulb. it says made in germany so i'm just curious if i can pick it up at a target

·
Registered
453 Posts
You need to use only the German made bulbs, or at least European versions of the bulbs. Using the wrong type of bulbs can cause problems with your cruse control system for example. You can look up the bulbs we offer for your car on our online parts catalog. If you don't find the bulb listed on the menu simply do a keyword search for "light bulbs" to see what bulbs are available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay i'm looking all throughout importparts and i cant find a brake light bulb. could you please point me in the correct direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i picked up a set of general electric 12v bulbs. i dont know why it would matter for them to be german made bulbs. a 12v bulb is a 12v bulb, no?

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can see the light bulbs we offer on the catalog for your car under the category of "Tools and Hardware" then you click on "Light Bulb".

Many knowledgeable Mercedes techs have told me that damage can be done to the cruise control of a Mercedes by using the US version of bulbs, especially brake light bulbs. It may be possible that this is not the case with your year and model, but it is a common problem with older MBZ models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts