Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have documentation for do it yourself install of a in glove compartment CD changer for 2003 modle C240? 8O

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Use the following instructions to gain access to the back of the headunit.

http://www.csportcoupe.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3741

There used to be very detailed instructions with pictures at mbworld, but their recent problems removed all the pics making them useless.

On the left side of the globebox, you should be able to see the perforations on the left wall. Use an exacto knife to cut this out. The power wires for the changer are either taped in the area behind the radio or tucked beneath the carpet on the passenger side. Route the power wire through the hole you made and plug it into the changer.

The fiber cable is in the trunk beneath a panel between the spare tire well and the rear seat. There are several. If you don't have the phone, Teleaid, etc, you just need to plug the appropriately labeled cable into the radio and changer. If there is anything else on the fiber loop, the must be connected in the proper sequence.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lynn-

The URL given requires registration at yet another site. I have file copies of two instruction sets which I got from MBWorld. However, the system here will not let me attach .pdf or .doc files.

Kal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts