Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*CENSORED* winter!

My brand new car already have plenty of marks on the hood because of the sand (and rocks) that they puts on the road because of the weather.

It's there's any way to protect the hood properly without putting a "big black shield" on it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! You're a real encyclopedia, Lynn! :lol: :wink:

Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am getting a 2004 CLK-320. Since I travel between cities a lot, I have been doing some research on this very topic.

3M StonGuard seems to be the most recommended product. It covers 6-8 inches of the hood and both fenders. it costs about $275 CAN with 3 year waranty. Make sure you get an experienced installer.

In my opinion, it looks better for cars with lighter color. it will show too much in a black car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did install my 3M StoneGuard on my hood/fenders a few days ago.

The guy did a great job. He told me that the pieces were computer cut and if the computer did not have your year/model, they would not do it.

You can see the plastic only if you're really close. Now, I am thinking should I have it done on the bumper as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Xpel by far has the greatest coverage for paint protection film templates. I've seen them all...from the different types of film to different design templates. Most MB kits have coverage that covers about 12 to 14 inches from the front of the hood back. 3M is definitely the way to go but is still the most difficult film to install correctly especially with the MB curves inthe hood. My company manufactures and installs kits in the SF Bay Area. If anyone is interested to know more, pick up this month's Motortrend magazine. The first distributor of paint protection film in the nation had a page regarding clear bras in the recent issue. If you are interested in having a clear bra put on your vehicle, make sure the installation company has done that particular vehicle before. There are a lot of tricks to each model car out there. In our case, MB has the most difficult hoods to install. I have an 04 CLK 320 CAB fyi. To find an Xpel certified installer in your area, check out www.xpel.com. If anyone here has questions about paint protection film, you can email me at [email protected].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts