Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a 2008 RL350. Looks and runs great with >100000 miles. Recently check engine light start to come and go every few days. As we do not have a Mercedes dealer in >50 miles ,I took it to an Autozone ,they read the codes P0012 and P0022. Looks like camshaft sensors timing is off and retarded. How do I replace these and where are they located. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
R.I.P Always Remembered
1,865 Posts
Thanks for the vin, I had to check to make sure this was not one of the balance shaft problem engines and thankfully it is not. Now your engine has four hall sensors on the end of the camshafts and the fault codes tell us one is faulty on each bank, ie one on the left bank and one on the right bank but it does not tell me which one.

So it is best to change the intake sensors first these are the ones nearest the center of the engine. These sensors have all been modified so the ones you buy will now have a different part # to the old ones, I will check the part # very soon and let you know.

Here are the instructions, to enlarge any attachment simply left click on it with the mouse.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cam sensors

Eric
Thank you for the reply and posting the pics and part number. Is there a site you would recommend to buy these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
broke the plastic connector at the bottom of steering fluid reservoir

Well the Cam magnet changes went well ! but in the process of sliding back the power steering reservoir back , I broke the plastic tube at the bottom ,fluid leak at the bottom and a mess :((. Should I have the car towed to the stealership? . Do or can I clean up and fix the mess I created. Please advise and as usual thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a new reservoir and changed it . Cleaned the spil and we are good to go ! Thanks for all the help and replies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts