Benz Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How Your C230 Performing?

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Beavis 
#1 ·
Well just like the title says, any flaws in the cars so far? What kind of mileage is everyone getting? Any pics of some good burnouts would be sweet, If anyone has abused their car yet. What do you think about the Panoramic Sunroof, is it worth the $2000? Thanks

Alex

#4 ·
Flaws to date

So far (8900 miles) my dealer; who is also my employer, has replaced a falty BAS sensor and the drivers side power window motor. Both repairs seem to be common amoung the C class. Neither have me worried about the overall quality of the product. The sunroof is not only very functional and unique, it also cuts down on waxing. :D

#5 ·
apich said:
Well just like the title says, any flaws in the cars so far? What kind of mileage is everyone getting? Any pics of some good burnouts would be sweet, If anyone has abused their car yet. What do you think about the Panoramic Sunroof, is it worth the $2000? Thanks

Alex[/quote

I have an sunroof too and i wont miss it. The only bad thing is a litle wisper if you drive very fast on the Autobahn. But mostly you can't drive so fast even on american highways :lol:

#10 ·
Hallo, in jail because of the taillight???? :lol: Sorry

No the police is not very strict. If they see somting they stop you and tell you wats wrong with your car. I think the highest punishment for a defekt taillight is 10 dollar or so, but if you are friendly they don't take the money.
In german trafic we have rules for everything and the people drive very exact so if you make a litle mistake it doesen't mather. And if we have a speedlimit "yes that hapens sometimes" you could drive 20 km/h faster and nothing happens. :)

One question. In america the A-Class is not offerd or :?:
I've herd that the next generation 2004 should be offerd in the USA

#11 ·
Panoramic sunnroof

My car has the sunroof. For sometime now, there is a creaking noise when you drive on roads other than highway. reported this to the dealer and the mercedes coorporation. It seems like there are lots of such cases reported and the german headquarters is working to fix this 'creak'. but as of now, it still creaks.

#12 ·
Superschnitter said:
One question. In america the A-Class is not offerd or :?:
I've herd that the next generation 2004 should be offerd in the USA
The A class is not sold in North America. Well, it is sold in Mexico. I have heard the same rumor that the next generation will be sold in the US and Canada. I've also heard that MB wants to offer a version the car with a fuel cell.

#13 ·
Road trip performance

Just took my first little road trip with the car to Birmingham, AL from Huntsville, AL (90miles each way). Got 29mpg on the way there and 28.6 on the way back with the sunroof tipped.

The only problem was getting lost in the city. I ended up in the "wrong" part of town. Can the dealer still install the Nav system?

#14 ·
The dealer will insist that it can't be done. But it can. Mine was installed tonight. Contact Steve Krabbenborg at s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com

He gets refurbished European COMAND's and sells them for $1300 installed. He lives in the Netherlands and is planning another trip in June. If you live in an out of the way location you will need to pay his airfare and hotel. He will install the AUX input for another $30 and will install an RGB input so you can hook up a dvd player and or a tv tuner for $200.

#15 ·
Re: Road trip performance

jaffj99 said:
Just took my first little road trip with the car to Birmingham, AL from Huntsville, AL (90miles each way). Got 29mpg on the way there and 28.6 on the way back with the sunroof tipped.
Hi Huntsville! Me too.

Where did you get your C230? Regal? Or in Birmingham? I'm just starting to think seriously about getting one, and was interested in getting more info on peoples' experience with the dealerships in this area.

Did you get a good deal? Were you treated decently? Did you buy off the lot or special order?

Very interested in anything you care to share,
Aaron

#16 ·
hm

well, it has been 2 months since i got my c230, and i think there is something wrong with it already. when i stop at a stop light or sign, the car just starts rumbling and rocking back and forth when i lift my foot of the brake. ....like it shifts back and forth and then i freak out and get scared. i took it to the dealership and they said that nothing was wrong with it and then i thought that maybe it was just me or my driving, so i let my friend drive and the same thing happen again. so when that happened i had to put it in park and put it back into drive. what is wrong with my car?

#19 ·
ESP malfunction

I bought a new C230 sport coupe. Great car. Hard uncomfortable seats. Got it on a Friday, put 90 miles on it and on Sunday the ESP packed it in. Yo! To the workshop!

Not a fortuitous start for a stalwart marque eh? Go figure.

I also have a 1997 Volvo 850 with 112,000 miles on it that has had no defects show up yet. Zero. Solid quality experience.

#20 ·
beats1234 said:
i have the creak. lynn, when you say this guy installed AUX input, is that already on the factory bose or does he splice something with an adapter?
Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country for a while with limited internet access and missed your post.

The AUX input is only available with COMAND. All factory installed COMAND's have it. When Steve does aftermarket installations, he charges a little extra for it, because it requires some extra parts and time.

#21 ·
I really like a sunroof, and the panorama roof on the C230K is great. Having bought my car on Dec 30, I haven't had a chance yet to have it open (except for one breif outing with it popped up). Looking forward to opening it up in the Spring.

I think the large glass roof opens the car up. It would seem cramped without the sunroof. I like the "less waxing" comment... true, that's a lot of glass!

P.S. People actually scrape ice off of the sunroof? I can't help but ask WHY? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.