Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone might know the answer. The dealers in San Diego refuse to disable the troublesome TCP system on my 2002 CL500 - they claim it's illegal (It's not - my car as a 2002, is not covered by the stupid Federal Rules).

I took the car to an independant dealer who hooked the car up to the computer and in TWO separate areas of the system put in a notation that the System was "Not Active". (I know one was the Instrument Cluster, and suspect the other was the EIS. I watched him do it in TWO areas, that's for sure.)

The warnings that would come up while I drive are gone, but every time I start the car the display says: "Tire Pressure Control System inactive, Activate!" or something to that effect.

Does anyone care to give me a hint on how to kill the final warning message? Do I need to disconnect the module that is below the floor on the passenger side (I think?). Is there a THIRD place in the computer software that creates this start up warning message?

THANKS!

·
Registered
678 Posts
It needs to be disabled in two places in the Instrument Cluster. It needs to be set to where it's not equipped on the car, and then the warning light needs to be disabled. Then, which what I believe is the EIS in your car, since I don't think they had Central Gateway modules in 2002, but then again, maybe they did. But if there was a coding for it in the EIS, then yeah, you probably don't have a CGW. I do know with MB's Star Diagnostic Testers, you may have to go into a seperate menu to disable it, that's not directly in the EIS, posibly Systems Diagnosis, or some stupid CAN system menu. It's been a while, so I forget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts