Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:
I am going to do a brake job and would like to put the vehicle up onto jack stands because I will bleed the fluid and need to get under to do this. My Question is what or where is the best locations to use a hydrolic jack in the front and rear so that I can get it onto jackstands. Also can I use the hydrolic jack under the differentual to jack or is this a weak point?

Question 2: I may replace or just repack the wheel bearings, is there any special tools i will need if I have to remove the bearings? such as a puller? etc.

Question 3: I would like to replace the brake pads on my SLK320 with a non dusting type of pad for the front. I have heard that Porterfield has a pad that may be workable, what do ya think?

Thank you for your help. [email protected]tremezone.com
Sun City West, Az

·
Registered
113 Posts
:?:
I am going to do a brake job and would like to put the vehicle up onto jack stands because I will bleed the fluid and need to get under to do this. My Question is what or where is the best locations to use a hydrolic jack in the front and rear so that I can get it onto jackstands. Also can I use the hydrolic jack under the differentual to jack or is this a weak point?

Question 2: I may replace or just repack the wheel bearings, is there any special tools i will need if I have to remove the bearings? such as a puller? etc.

Question 3: I would like to replace the brake pads on my SLK320 with a non dusting type of pad for the front. I have heard that Porterfield has a pad that may be workable, what do ya think?

Thank you for your help. [email protected]
Sun City West, Az
I have used a hydrolic jack and placed it on the a-frame joint opposite where I place thejack stands. Another good spot is under the body at the spots where you would place the regular included jack.

When I did my bearings there was no special tool needed. It was fairly simple and straight forward. For packing them I just put them in a zip lock baggie with an ample amount of grease and smished them around. Worked great and kept me (relatively) cleam.

I have no opinion on non dusting break pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts