Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 97 C230 from my son with 112,000 miles, it runs very well. I drove it from Washington State to PA, it burned no oil, gas mileage 29 to 30mpg.

2 problems:
1. Returned to PA on Good Friday, rear ended next day by drunk driver (left the seen in handcuffs), car repaired $4,000.

2. After driving the car for 2 weeks, I drove the car with the low fuel light for 20 miles, I parked the car over night, started it in the morning, the check eng. light stayed on, I filled the gas tank up the light stayed on 2 days. Went to Advanced auto ran the scan:

DTC p0170 - Fuel trim malfunction (Bank 1) DTC Pending (codes) no faults detected. I reset the codes last night.

The question that I have is could this fault be caused by being rear ended? Running to low on fuel? (Should I have the tank drained due to high mileage? Can any recommend a good shop the have the car inspected and other work it may need?

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The code you have is normally associated with a bad mass airflow sensor. It can mean a few other things, but 9 times out of ten that's what you're looking at. It could not have been caused in any way by the accident. Running the car completely out of fuel can be a problem. It can cause a few trouble codes to set. It would also necessitate the replacement of the fuel filter for peace of mind. If you weren't completely out, there isn't a lot to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts