Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those of you who answered my previous posts. Yesterday I ended up driving a new C320 Sports Coupe off the show room floor. It is a 2003 model with 40 miles on it. Sticker was $31,440.00 I got them to take $25,500 plus throw in a CD changer. Appears there's a $4,000 rebate to dealer program that just started up for 2003's.

It's Brilliant Silver Metallic with auto trans, leather, CD changer and $720 destination and delivery.

I'm hoping the H16 all seasons will work with the snow and ice. Anybody think otherwise?

Edmunds TMV price for this car came out at $27,227 (which clearly takes into consideration the fact of the rebate to dealer). Is Edmunds TMV pricing reliable?

I am happy.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Damn, you got a deal there. Congratulations on the car.

The thing about all season tires is that they compromise everywhere, and therefore don't to anything well. If I lived in MN, I would have real snow tires. Hell, I live in St. Louis and have real snow tires. I'll be putting them on when the weather gets colder.

·
Banned
175 Posts
Welcome to the FEW C320 (coupe) Owners. After reading your post, glad my coupe is located in Florida.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Question

I currenty own 2002 C230k coupe. Just wanted to know is there a difference overall between c230k and c320 coupe. what are they and does it come with 6sp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't want to sound like a butt hole but I know the difference between the motor in the coupe series and others. I was looking for something like "the M111 has better pick of line compare to V6 b/c it is force injected air from the supercharge and the intercooler that the M111 has stabilized the HPs and it is louder at 5000 rpms". That is some of the things I was looking for. I hope that I didn't piss off any one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
see the friends at the Benz dealership will not let me test drive it so I don't know. But I was looking for some deep dish rims for the back wheels. do you know if anyone has them that fit. Oh, what do you think about Ramus muffler sys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Of course you should be happy! That was a great deal - Congratulations. I paid over $26K for my 03 C230K SC... did you also get the Panorama SR for that price???

A question for all of you, if the C230K really has a 1.8L engine, why is it called 230??? Shouldn't it be called C180K, or C200K as they call it in some other countries??

I got my C230K last May, then the 320 an addtl $10K... Out of pure envy, we do get better mileage... :wink:[/quote]

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
This isn 't the first time MB has played fast and loose with the naming system and there are currently other examples. The 240 is really a 2.6 liter and the 350 in the ML is a 3.7. The reason MB is doing this is to retain historic names.

The M271 1.8 liter is sold worldwide in 4 versions. There are three Kompressor engines, the C180, the C200 and the C230. All are 1.8 liters but have different states of tuning. The differences are mainly in compression ratios, supercharger boost levels, and cam and ignition timing. The 4th engine is a naturally aspiriated direct injection 1.8 liter called the C200 CGI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts