Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C230K with a blown right rear door speaker. Where can I get a new one besides the dealer ($171 parts, $220 labor)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can buy better speakers in the aftermarket for less total outlay. That is what I would do. Start at Crutchfield's site and then realize that you can probably buy the same thing elsewhere on the net for a bit less. Crutchfield has good support if you decide to install them yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't the Mercedes speakers on some wacked out proprietary system that I can't mix speakers from different brands? I know my VW Golf (Monsoon) system was. I was under the impression that because the computer system was sending speaker specific signal to each location, replacing them with anything other than exact match was a no-no. I know NOTHING about this kind of stuff, so please excuse my ignorance. Any help is appreciated.

FYI, replacing the whole system is not an option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Depends which stereo system you have. If you have the Bose system, then you do need Bose speakers. Someone else recently posted that they saved a bundle by ordering directly from Bose. The swap out of the speaker is easy as long as you are replacing the speaker with the exact same unit as comes from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts