Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an alpine cda-9854:

Im going to assume that it wont be as easy as just takin the factory HU out and pluggin this thing in. What kind of things will i need to get and do to make it work? I just cant believe they made these cars with tape decks. Seriously... tape decks???

I also happen to have an extra cd changer from a newer style vw. Do you think it could be compatible with a mercedes, maybe with an adapter?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Since the Alpine is a standard DIN sized unit and the Mercedes radio is a weird size and shape you will need a new fascia plate to cover the opening. You will also need and adaptor for the antenna. Schoche makes them, if I remember correctly. This has been posted in the past, including part numbers. Try doing a search. If your car has a Bose, it is much more involved as you will have to change the speaker and run wire for m the Alpine to all the speakers.

I'm afraid there is no way to use a non-Mercedes cd player.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aftermarket CD Player

EURENN-

I had a 2002 C230K coupe until about December of last year and installed an Alpine 9857, JL Amps, capacitor, etc.. I ran all the wires myself and it looked very clean. I still have the dash kit (with storage pocket), the antenna adapter and a wiring harness that will at least take care of the speaker wires. The harness won't work for power, ground, antenna, accessory, and dimming but you can tap into the cigarette lighter wiring for the acc, and splice into the red&blue power wire and brown ground wire off the factory harness. The harness I have for the speaker wire should clip straight in to the back of your Alpine. If you're interested let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts