Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the manual it says that with the key remote i could close my windows and open them. But for some reason i can't, then i went to the dealer today and he said that not all models are equiped with that option... is this true? i have a C230k 2002, what options does that feature come with?

thanks

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Let's start with the car locked and the windows up, the roof and the shade closed. Now stand a few feet away from the car and point the key at the black square in one of the door handles. Press the unlock button once and the car will unlock. Press and hold, the button a second time and the windows will lower, the sun shade will retract and the rear of the roof will pop up. Press and hold the button a third time and the roof will open.

Or just press and continue to hold down the button and all of the above will occur. See page 34 of the operator's manual.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I tried it once on my '02 and nothing happened. But I think I was being too impatient and gave up. Worked great on my Jetta (just like in the commercial) but you had to insert the key in the door.

I'll try it again when I'm bored...

Lynn - can we assume that if you press and hold Lock that the reverse would happen?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Okay, I'll ask: What is "Tunnel" mode?

btw-my wife did not think her key would open everything like my MINI. Turns out she was just impatient. She did not hold the buttons long enough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i foudnt he problem, i really have to be about 5 inches away from the door handle for it to work, which is kinda stupid cause i won't wait next to my car to open windows. On the other hand if we coudl do it at a distance, i coudl start it from far and as i get to the car the windows woudl already down. just my two cents

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Blackbeard700 said:
i foudnt he problem, i really have to be about 5 inches away from the door handle for it to work, which is kinda stupid cause i won't wait next to my car to open windows. On the other hand if we coudl do it at a distance, i coudl start it from far and as i get to the car the windows woudl already down. just my two cents
It should work from several feet. If it only works from a few inches you might need a new battery or to bend the metal tab that touches the battery for a better connection.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
efancher said:
Okay, I'll ask: What is "Tunnel" mode?

btw-my wife did not think her key would open everything like my MINI. Turns out she was just impatient. She did not hold the buttons long enough.
When the air conditioning is in "Auto" mode, depressing the recirculation button ( it is immediately to the left of the "Auto" button") for more than two seconds will close the window and roof. Pressing it again for more than two seconds will return the windows and roof to their previous positions. If you turn the ignition switch off, the positions of the window and roof will not be retained by the computer.

For more info go to the Operation chapter of the operator's manual. Go to the Climate control section and look for the "Air recirculation" heading. It is page 158 in the 2002 coupe manual. It may vary by a few pages for other models.

The dealer will have to enable the roof on 2002 coupes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts