Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many years playing with blown cars. I will try the HPS kit and tell all about the story. I will not talk the sales service, but the performance of the kit. Lets get to the brass.

Looking at the kit the only issue to watch is timing and detonation. The kit must be running rich to offset the issue.

I have a carry over part from the domestic world. It allows modification of the MAF signal too, but is much better than the HPS part. I am working to get a unit that allows playing with the timing signal. With a timing signal modification, we can edit WOT timing.

A chip is the real need, so timing can be backed-off about 5 degrees across the board at WOT.

I measured the area and have a custom water-to-air set-up defined to fit as needed. 4-5 psi is all this needs at full timing.

more to come soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HPS Kit

I got the kit and did a first pass at the parts list. It is a nice set-up with most all the parts off-the-shelf. At least I can get parts and know what they do. Being a system that can be easuly removed is good too.

Looked in the air ducts and they a clean. I need to work on the air intake for the vert.

For the money at first pass, all seems good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lynn said:
You might contact Power Chips Group about working with you on a chip. Have you considered fabricating an intercooler setup? During the great HPS debates at mbworld, the ouput temps from the supercharger looked really high to me.
Personally I would go with superchips out of Flordia. More reliable and efficent, I know a guy with a E-class with a power chip running 15 to 1 on the dyno. Once the software was removed it drop back to original oem of 12 to 1.

Regarding intercooling what is considered high to you? Smoking a joint? I view magunson products website, out of the 23 dealers using this system over 3/4 use no intercooling. Companies like Jackson Racing, TRD, and Saleen. So what does that say Lynn? Maybe roots blower don't need intercooling, I think you were seeded like alot were on mbworld.

Preach the facts not myths. :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
gregc said:
I have many years playing with blown cars. I will try the HPS kit and tell all about the story. I will not talk the sales service, but the performance of the kit. Lets get to the brass.

Looking at the kit the only issue to watch is timing and detonation. The kit must be running rich to offset the issue.

I have a carry over part from the domestic world. It allows modification of the MAF signal too, but is much better than the HPS part. I am working to get a unit that allows playing with the timing signal. With a timing signal modification, we can edit WOT timing.

A chip is the real need, so timing can be backed-off about 5 degrees across the board at WOT.

I measured the area and have a custom water-to-air set-up defined to fit as needed. 4-5 psi is all this needs at full timing.

more to come soon.
Please do . . . i'll send you a private e-mail

1 - 6 of 6 Posts