Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
I have a 2004 c 230 sedan with 2500 miles on it, It got backed into crushing the passenger side rear door. The door was replaced by the local pontiac dealer (please don't ask), and besides the black finish looking like an orange, the SRS light as well as the check engine light is on and the car seems to be running on three cylinders.
Is there any thing I can look for before taking to a Mercedes dealer?
Thank you for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The airbag in the new door may not be hooked up properly. That will cause the SRS error. It shouldn't cause the CEL to come on or cause the engine to run rough. People on other boards have been reporting CEL illumination and/or rough running because of bad O2 sensors, bad mass air flow sensors and bad coil packs. I'm sure there are many other potential causes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The situation looks a little ugly.
I think MB parts are not so expensive.
Your MB dealer could easily fix your problems.

I had just my Service B done.
The rough idle was fixed. According to my dealer (and I agree with him) the problem is the air filter. Actually it gets dirty easily because the opening faces straight the front of the car (one of the rare design faults). During the summer when I clean it (yes I bought a Torx bit kit) the filter box is plenty of dust and muskitos.

My windshield is cracked and the MB dealer does the job for 500$CAN. At another shop it would cost 600$CAN.

MB 230 is easy to service as long as you have the tools. Forget your Pontiac dealer and give a try at MB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts