Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wal-Mart Wine
>
> BENTONVILLE, ARK (AP) -- Some Walmart customers soon will be able to sample a new discount item: Walmart's own brand of wine.
>
> The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto,California, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2 - $5 range.
>
> While wine connoisseurs may not be too inclined to throw a bottle of Walmart brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a market for cheap wine, said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. She said: "The right name is important."
>
> So, here we go:
> The top 12 suggested names for Walmart Wine:
>
> 12. Chateau Traileur Parc
> 11. White Trashfindel
> 10. Big Red Gulp
> 9. Grape Expectations
> 8. Domaine Wal-Mart "Merde du Pays"
> 7. NASCARbernet
> 6. Chef Boyardeaux
> 5. Peanut Noir
> 4. Chateau des Moines
> 3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
> 2. World Championship Riesling
>
> And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine ...
>
> 1. Nasti Spumante
>
> The beauty of Wal-Mart wine is that it can be served with white meat (possum) and red meat (squirrel).
> [/b]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHAEDRUS242 said:
Hilarious!

Before I go and forward this to people, does the premise hold any truth?

NASCARbernet...hehehe :D
Not sure, I received it via email from a friend. Pretty funny though!

I wonder if these wines can be bought in keg sizes. We are talking Walmart here!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dayum, and here I thought Wally World was gonna give Thunderbird & grapefruit juice a run for it's money.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A wave of alcoholism sweeps across the soccer mom population... :wink:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I guess this is funny to non-coonassess, but to those of us used to shopping for libations in S. La., we are used to "Eckerd Brand Bourbon" & "Walgreen's Vodka." :wink:

Hell, I assumed Wal-Mart already had their own label down dere. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
$2-5? Too high priced for me, alas. We're big fans of the fine Charles Shaw brand, aka "Two Buck Chuck" available for $1.99/bottle at Trader Joe's everywhere. Three flavors - Chardonnay, Merlot, and Cabernet, and guaranteed to be at least 2 months old. It's the best wine value out there after you're already drunk.

·
Registered
263 Posts
PHAEDRUS242 said:
Hilarious!

Before I go and forward this to people, does the premise hold any truth?

NASCARbernet...hehehe :D
It might. I know there are Sam's Clubs (the Walmart version of Costco or BJ's Wholsale) that sell alcohol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts