Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I wanted to post that after a few unexpected weeks of absence, I am back alive. I had developed a particularly nasty illness that took me completely out of commission for the last two weeks. I hadn't checked email, voicemail or anything, so I apologize if I missed something important. I am back to near 100%, so I will resume my regularly scheduled visits.
Cheers,
Joseph

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the good sentiment. Never been so sick in my life. Really makes one think. I never thought I'd say it, but I am really quite happy to be back to work. I'm way too type "A" to sit around for that long. Nice to be able to have a beer as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What kinda bug did you have? We've got this nasty virus going on around here that just doesn't go away. I've been coughing my brains out(if there were any there in the first place) for going on 3 weeks now. Half my family has it, most of my co-workers have it, it's everywhere! :(

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I developed a rare infection that settled into my heart. Caused me all sorts of problems. I was literally out of commission. At first I thought it was just a bad flu, but it only got worse and worse. My neighbor found me on my couch with a very high fever and a touch of delerium. Took me to the ER and that's when I found out what I was dealing with.The doctors still don't know why it happened. They are of the opinion that some one my age shouldn't have developed this sort of infection and are looking into the root cause. I spent some time at the their office yesterday letting their vampires suck more blood from me for further testing. I have asked them not to share their speculations with me as I know I will just obsess and pshycosomatically develop all sorts of "symptoms". I imagine all is well, as my strength has returned and I do feel close to 100% this week.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
That infection can mimic the symptoms of a clogged ateries or even a heart attack. I've heard that it is incurable, but that was years ago, so maybe there is something now. The one I am a little familiar with is unpleasant, but not debilitating and certainly not fatal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts