Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 c230k and wanted to install an LCD Monitor, I was wondering if it will work with the stock system? Also, does anyone know where I could purchase one, at good price?

·
Registered
2 Posts
ddx7015

yeah i have a kenwood ddx7015 in dash that I am looking to install. sound advice says i have to re-wire the car. audio toys says the 2din indash will not fit. neither claim to have a kit. i wish i never bought this indash but it looked sweet in my 2003 tundra before i got rid of it. i now drive a 2004 c 230 kompressor sedan.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There have been some double din units installed by high end stores who can fabricate plastic or even carbon fiber fascias.

If you have Bose, the car will need to be re-wired. And the speakers replaced. If not, the car doesn't really need to be rewired. The steering wheel controls will not work with an aftermarket radio, unless it is an Alpine with a very expensive adaptor.

You may want to go over to www.mblkasse.com There are several current and former car audio pros who post there.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I believe that said expensive adapter to keep steering wheel controls will disable your cruise control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts