Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed a in-dash TV and hook up a PS2 in the car? If so can you post some pictures? Or give some ideas and comments ? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's on my list of "to-do's" before the end of this summer. I'll be getting the Euro COMAND system with video inputs. I hope it'll be adequately viewable from the rear seat -- I think it will...

If you can wait, I'll post.

Aaron

·
Registered
2 Posts
I JUST RECENTLY PUT A PS2 AND KENWOOD TOUCHSCREEN IN MY C320.
FIRST GET A AC TO DC CONVERTER TO RUN THE PS2 THEN BYPASS THE FACTORY AMP AND RUN SPEAKER WIRES TO THE BRAIN OF THE SCREEN. THEN RUN POWER, GROUND AND ACCESSORY TO THE BRAIN. ALL OF THE WIRES CAN BE FOUND AT THE FACTORY AMP. THE ACC WIRE WILL TEST 12VOLTS WITH THE CAR SWITCHED ON AND 0VOLTS WHEN THE IGNITION IS OFF. THE CONSTANT WIRE WILL READ 12VOLTS WITH THE IGNITION ON AND OFF. YOU WILL NEED A3-4 METER AUDIO AND VIDEO CABLE AS WELL. bE SURE TO MOUNT THE TV TUNER ANTENNA HORIZONTAL AS THIS IS THE WAY THE FREQUENCY TRAVELS. THE BEST WAY TO DO THE CONTROLLERS IS TO PUT THE PS2 IN THE TRUNK AND BUY TO EXTNESIONS. PUT THE CONTROLLER 1 UP FRONT IN THE GLOVE BOX AND BUY A REMOTE SENSOR WITH DVD REMOTE AND MOUNT IN A PLACE WHERE THE REMOTE EYE CAN "SEE" THE SENSOR. MINE IS BARELY STICKING OUT FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE REAR SEAT IN THE CENTER.
WIRING THE PARKING BRAKE WIRE TO GROUND WILL ALLOW YOU TO WATCH THE SCREEN GOING DOWN THE ROAD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts