Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard anything about this thru the grapevine? recently i went to the dealership in my area (central Jersey, US) and the salesman told me that starting with model year 2004, Benz is getting rid of manual tranny on its C-class!!! I was apalled.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Obviously you are wanting a 6 speed, and the salesman wants to sell you a car today and he bullshited you. He didn’t lie, but he bullshited you. As good as MB service can be salesman are salesman whether selling shoes, timeshares, Kias or Rolls Royce.

As far as I have heard or not heard the 6 speed is going to be hanging around for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i aint buying an auto tranny :) benz only has the chance to sell me a car if they offer the manuals, and i am not buying the 2003 model year either (dont have all the finances in place yet...)... so he can bite me then...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manual 6 speed definitely here to stay for '04

6-speed manual is here to stay for '04. I know because I've placed an order for a C230K Coupe '04 via European Delivery. I'll be motoring down the Autobahn in it in late September.

Dealers love to play these games. One told me that the Coupe was being discontinued for '04. I can't wait to drive up in my '04, and ask to see his sales manager when I get back!

·
Registered
127 Posts
DS_MB said:
it really sucks that dealers use these low-level mind tricks...
It's what they think they must do to sell cars, we as consumers have to say "hey you are full of shit I'll go somewhere else to buy my car", but most don't and they win. As long as they lie and sell cars they will continue to lie. When only the truth sells cars salesman will tell the truth.
Oh...Utopia is around the next corner. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts