Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I always wanted a 560sl but its out of my price range these days. Found a light blue navy interior 85 380sl from a local estate sales. 61k mile, 2 yrs old top, original paint and interior in good shape with no rust. Stored indoor , come with hardtop. new soft top, wiring harness and tune up last year. All power equipments, ac and original decker stereo all work. Asking 14500. Is it a good deal? Any problems I should pay attention to? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi I always wanted a 560sl but its out of my price range these days. Found a light blue navy interior 85 380sl from a local estate sales. 61k mile, 2 yrs old top, original paint and interior in good shape with no rust. Stored indoor , come with hardtop. new soft top, wiring harness and tune up last year. All power equipments, ac and original decker stereo all work. Asking 14500. Is it a good deal? Any problems I should pay attention to? Thanks for your input!
Longevity of some components is TIME sensitive. That is, mileage has no bearing on natural deterioration. Watch out for climate control operation; vacuum operated, fairly complex for the uninitiated and difficult to fix because small, wearable-by-time parts are huddled behind dashboard and passenger-side footwell. Factory Service Manual is a requisite! You may also need the Becker code in your glove compartment for every time battery is disconnected. Charming deal, otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts