Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I receently purchased an '83 240D parts car. I'm wondering if it's a European spec vehicle, since the interior is cloth. There is no engine with the car, and the 4spd manual transmission is in the trunk. Does anyone know how I can tell, for sure, if it is European spec?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way...if anyone's interested, I plan on parting out the vehicle. If anyone is looking for anything, please let me know. The body is dark blue, and has ZERO rust. As I mentioned earlier, I have a 4spd manual transmission in the trunk, so I don't know the condition of it. The interior is "okay". I will be taking the front seats out, and using them for my '82...but anything else is "up for grabs".

Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
The cloth seats were usually only on the euroopean cars, so you might be right. Euro cars also had different bumpers, more integrated into the body lines rather than having the bulkier shock-absorber mounted bumpers. Those are the two biggest tells that I can think of for a euro car. The headlights on a euro MIGHT also be the better rectangular all-glass type, but those were often changed out when the car was federalized.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This car does NOT have the european headlights, unfortunately. As far as the bumpers, they look the same as those on my '82. Thanks for the advice/thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts