Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....the line was a bit longer this time out. It normally takes me 20 minutes to get in and out if I arrive at 6:45am. This time, I didn't get through the line and finish until 8:15.

Didn't mind a bit though as most of the folks around me were fairly chatty and make the time disappear quickly :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took me about 45 minutes, which sped by because the lady in front of me was so nice. Plus she's voting against the state constitutional amendment against gay marriage that the Georgia legislature is trying to get in, which makes her ok in my book, even if she is a Kerry supporter.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hear Kerry is planning on suing if he doesn't get his way. Nice way of showing respect for the process, I suppose.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Going to the polls tonight after work. I drive right by the place on my way to work, and this morning it was a fuller parking lot than I think I've ever seen in the 15 years I've lived here. Gonna be interesting to see what comes of all this.

And I'll be damn glad when it's over!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I voted this morning at 9:30 a.m., and there was nobody in line.

I zipped right on through.

Now, repeat after me, "Four more years, four more years, four more years....". :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
hour and forty-five minutes in line today for me. longest line I've waited in for any election. crazy!
k

·
Banned
357 Posts
No wait here in the boone docks so I took the time to do write ins for all of the uncontested positions.

I hope Nar and Rib don't mind moving up here if they get elected.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1/2 hr wait in line.

Gotta love it when the old gent working at the table to check my name is wearing a twill Browning shooting shirt! :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Painless here. I was expecting a LOT of lawyer post monitors, but didn't see one at my lilly white precint. We had a very big local issue concerning a tax increase for a convention center, the gay marriage thingy, and a congressional district race as extra tidbits. The guys standing to make out big on the convention center caused much more trouble than the kerry/bush contingent.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Voted at about 3:00. In/Out in about 10 min. That's about average. We had a property tax issue that passed by 65% but we voted about 60% Bush in my precinct. Looks like my boy Chris John (a good man and good House member) has been shown the door and Vitter, (more conservative than I wished, but still a good guy) is in as the first Repo senator from LA since reconstruction.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was one of those people that had to go twice! The first time around I waited about 45 minutes and was only half way to the sign in before having to leave for work.

I returned in the afternoon and it took about 1/2 a hour. I've neve seen such long lines, but who can complain about that!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts