Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to see what all the hububb was, and, Jayeezus! Those guys have way too much time on their hands. They should go to law school if they like to fight so much. Check it out if you get a chance, and if anyone is a member, pm Mike Mover to get his but over here!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I was so aggravated by the state of things (and the constant trolling) I dropped my compsure and had to post some uncaracteristcally negative things. My blood pressure should not be raised by idiots on the internet. If anyone needs me, I'm taking a quick flight to Montana...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I admit to engaging in some bs when I first joined MBShop, but as time went on it was more fun to make friends and leave my ass-kicking to in-person. As much as I disagree with the guy, the fact that most of the threads over there are devoted to bashing him strikes me as bizarre. I am almost embarrased that we let him get the forum shut down, because we played his game. He knows what he is doing, IMO.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as I have stated in the past, Kirk was not the reason OD got shut down. There were much more serious events than people fighting in a chat room. I just posted something about that elsewhere, and I think it's unfair to point the finger on some one for being prolific, especially when the facts are unknown to most. Regardless of his politics, I've pm/emailed Kirk back and forth, and he is a genuine, good guy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
PHAEDRUS242 said:
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as I have stated in the past, Kirk was not the reason OD got shut down. There were much more serious events than people fighting in a chat room. I just posted something about that elsewhere, and I think it's unfair to point the finger on some one for being prolific, especially when the facts are unknown to most. Regardless of his politics, I've pm/emailed Kirk back and forth, and he is a genuine, good guy.
Boy, that WAS a quick flight!! :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PHAEDRUS242 said:
Well, as I said, I got no problem with the guy, but I think he certainly used his agenda in a very disruptive manner. He may not be the ultimate reason mbshop shut down, but his arrival indicated the beginning of its decline. I guess if this turns into a kv bashing thread, I will be part of the probem 8O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, it did sort of decline around the time he joined. Maybe it was because the war was becoming less "popular" and the elections were nearing.

Many long time members dropped out of the OD and MBshop entirely because of this. Sad because they had a lot to offer in terms of technical knowledge and at the same time were great debaters. Some of the other tech guys took a stab at the OD for a few months, then noticed the personal attacks so went back to the diesel or tech forums.

·
Registered
50 Posts
W126 said:
Well, it did sort of decline around the time he joined. Maybe it was because the war was becoming less "popular" and the elections were nearing.

126, you seem like a good dude and I am NOT attacking you. But the reason OD went down so fast was because KV posted 4000 times in three months mostly slamming my President and anyone that disagreed with him. Call it what it is.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
alias said:
If you think Joseph Goebbels was a good guy i could understand how you could think kv is.
Wow, that sounds dangerously close to a personal attack. It's kind of sad that some one (who mind you, isn't even present in this forum) could be so polarizing as to cause such a reaction. Let it be, man. We're all on the same side here. There are definately other venues where that sort of talk is a little more appropriate.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Personal attack? Hmmmmm, well, consider that kv stated he had shot at me. Consider that shortly before he claimed this i was actually shot at. Couple that with kv's long and distinguished track record of stated hate and persistent inflammatory comments and then tell me again about how much of a good guy that psycho is?

Draw your own conclusions as you will but at least pretend to glance towards the facts now and again...........................................................

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Maybe we're all a little too caught up in the "internet persona" of the guy, but as a person, he has been nothing but very cool to me. I'm sorry if you guys have issues with one another. I feel it's somewhat unfair to attack me just for standing up for the guy. I can't remember any history whatsoever with you, let alone a negative one. Whatever you've got going on with Mr. Vining can be taken up with him. He is not here. He will likely not ever be here. I would recommend posting these remarks in a place he might see them and be able to respond to them. If there is anything further you have for me on the issue, you can PM me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have to agree with Phaedrus on this. Kirk's political approach is not my cup of tea, but on other non-political threads I've found him to be a very likable guy. I just have to put him in perspective with people that I actually know and associate with, like at work. There's alot of them that I have very differing views on politics and religion, ect. If we ever get into conversations on any of those topics, it can turn kinda sour real fast. So we just choose to agree to disagree, and talk about other things. Keeps it civil, and I can be friends with a very wide range of people that way.

·
Registered
183 Posts
http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showpost.php3?postcount=9&p=694039

Once as a child I befriended someone who was a bully. I valued his friendship until one day he started bullying another friend for no reason. At that point I realized that there is no difference between what a person does in one area of their life and another. The only issue is folks can be selectively blind due to perceptions of need or friendship. It seems obvious this distinction hasn’t occurred to several folks.

You guys wanna see this psycho as a friend, that’s your choice. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a psycho.

·
Registered
205 Posts
...nah. You're sort of the John Nichols of Mercedesdom (diesels that is) ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Z, howz city life treating you, anyway? I seem to recall you were making a move from your beloved farm at the time the old OD blew up. Did you get to keep your chainsaw and truck?

·
154 Posts
Well, I'm glad you asked

Sold the truck and bought a Vanagon--mommymobile. Still have two chainsaws and my little Iseki tractor. Absolutely love our log-built home, though going from 20 acres to 1 acre has called for some adjustments. Currently in the process of building a 24"x36" workshop for all my vehicular obsessions. Lady Z wants a greenhouse, so that goes up this Spring. She went from a hellish 35 minute to 1 hour commute out in the sticks down to a 7 mile distance that she frequently rides on her bike rain or shine. Our quality of life has improved immensely. Doubled our mortgage, but it was worth it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
alias said:
http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showpost.php3?postcount=9&p=694039

Once as a child I befriended someone who was a bully. I valued his friendship until one day he started bullying another friend for no reason. At that point I realized that there is no difference between what a person does in one area of their life and another. The only issue is folks can be selectively blind due to perceptions of need or friendship. It seems obvious this distinction hasn’t occurred to several folks.

You guys wanna see this psycho as a friend, that’s your choice. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s a psycho.
Yes. I agree with you.

However, I am a troll, and my name is jzaroh/DslBnz/OM60x/many other handles. Go over to Benzworld. It is,.....Interesting...?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Z, I am currently researching the greenhouse issue myself and found some great info and ideas online in the "This Old House Archives." I know it is a TV program, but you can get the info off of the Home & Garden Channel website and avoid paying hommage to the evil electron box.

Also, unless you are working on scale model cars, you may want to consider a larger workshop than 2ft X 3ft. :wink: Glad its working out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.