Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies and gents!!

My wife just purchased a 2003 C230, (C7,C5 package.). I must say it is a awesome car. I currently drive a 2003 Audi A4 1.8. Now i'm in my glory, hehe. I do love the supercharger spooling while shifting into gear. I actually drove the car from the dealer and the whole time i had the radio off. I will send you guys pics soon. (-:

rhd

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congratulations and good luck! Welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
welcome to the board

Welcome.

You're gonna love that little benz.

Pics are good, so post some when you get a chance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My husband surprised me with my C230, and I also find it difficult to choose between listening to the engine (sure sounds good) or to music... Your wife will lover her car I'm sure. I've had mine for 6 weeks now and I haven't let my husband drive it yet He he he... 8)

·
Registered
4 Posts
One Week C230k Newbie!

Hey Ya'll.

It's been one official week since getting my C230k 2003 (C7, C5, C2) and I am just lovin' it! :lol:

Two quick questions:

1) It just snowed, any recommendations for snow tires?
2) I have the Bose sound system but wanted to add a Bazooka Powered Tube Subwoofer in the back... is that a smart move? Or have there been reported problems with that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: One Week C230k Newbie!

MChu said:
Hey Ya'll.

It's been one official week since getting my C230k 2003 (C7, C5, C2) and I am just lovin' it! :lol:

Question: The C2 and C7 packages appear to be redundant, except for the autodimming mirrors. Did the dealer make any adjustment for the redundancy?

Thanks.

RB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Correction... C5, C7

You are correct, C5 and C7!

Thanks for the wheel advice! Looks like it's a must this season!

As for the Bose System... I sent an inquiry to Bose themselves asking them what they thought would be best in terms of additions and compliance and they replied that if I added anything it would create some sort of intereference and lower the sound quality? Has anyone learned this to be true? I basically just want to enhance the bass by adding a subwoofer while retaining my current system and steering wheel controls.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
MChu - I have the Bose system as well, and I thought that it came with a "sub-woofer" type arrangement or at least some kind of base enhancement. Maybe its just that you're looking for a REALLY hefty base output 8) , however I find that my system kicks out way more base than I'll ever need!.

GUY

1 - 16 of 16 Posts