Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cabaret style.

I'd never heard this singer before. Wow, what an expressive voice! Anybody ever heard her? Got a favorite album?

Rib

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zeitgeist said:
...uh huh, right.
Fo' true.

I've been to France..uh...3 times. Cape St Jean, primarily. I love the area and the people. I don't care for Parisians that I've met, but my French friends don't care for Parisians, either.

French political history is just too f--ked-up. They are all about equality and fraternity right up until those attributes are important and then they sell each other out and surrender to the nearest German. Its been going on since Charlemagne's descendents squabbled over his empire.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zeitgeist said:
How do you say O-B-S-E-S-S-I-O-N in French?

...ooh, here it is: idée fixe

How about S-C-A-P-E-G-O-A-T?

What'd ya know...I found it: Le Bouc emissaire
Nah, I use and abuse them metaphorically. the astonishing bad judgement of the French, say from the Maginot Line to building a fast breeder reactor for Saddam and making kissy-face with Arafat.

The apparent abuse of the 'food for oil' UN progam to enrich a number of insiders in French business and government dwarfs the ENRON abuse, which was merely stealing billions from investors--the French theives stole millions supposedly earmarked for food and medicine. Now they're pissed that the USA and Iraq are revealing the extent of their larcenous depravity.

Oh yeah, they're a great metaphor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Zeitgeist said:
narwhal said:
Zeitgeist said:
Le Bouc emissaire
Well, at least we are now clear on who your obsession is with.
...I suffer from acute meta-obsession syndrome--have pity on me.
Just get in touch with the local SSI office and fill out an app. You could probably get on the dole and be able to pursue biodiesel full time!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zeitgeist said:
narwhal said:
Zeitgeist said:
Le Bouc emissaire
Well, at least we are now clear on who your obsession is with.
...I suffer from acute meta-obsession syndrome--have pity on me.
Metacutesyn, got obsessed, caught a disease.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts