Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just order a c230k coupe. Silver, black leather, evolution package, and sunroof. He wanted to sell me the boss system but I said no thanks. I have had 5 new cars in 10 years. I currently have a 2000 mustang convertable. So I am going to lease this one for sure. I have read some negative things about this car and I am kind of worried. One concern is MB financing this car. Their lease rates are very high and I have been told they dont budge on price. I am in calgary and wondering if anybody else has leased one and what can you add to look for or do. Also has anyone ever got them to drop their price a bit or give something in for free.
I am a 6'2 and am a large athletic man and have a small 4 yearold girl.Is this the car for me. I do not like the c320 classic sedan and do like this car style alot.
Also how is this car for winter driving if I add winter tires?
Does anyone have a simular situation and has a silver lining.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I see people are looking at this post but no one is replying back.
Any suggestions on this car would be great. :wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered the brilliant silver, sunroof, charcoal leather, but went with 6 speed oand passed on the evolution package and Bose system, although I got the 6 CD changer.

Heated seats in Calgary are highly recommended. I lived in Calgary for 3 years so I have some feel for your weather patterns. A chinook in late January or February will let you enjoy the sun roof.

We've had the coldest winter since 1994 in the Toronto area with lots of hard packed ice in the parking areas of the road. The car seems to handle surprisingly well in snow and ice conditions. I have the Pirelli P6 tires.

I stand 6 ft tall, but have relatively short legs (take a 31 pant inseam) so 6'2 shouldn't be too cramped on head room, just don't take any speed bumps at higher speeds.

Found the MB people very inflexible on prices. There used to be a few auto leasing companies in Calgary that would lease you any vehicle at competitive rates. You might try them as an alternative to a direct lease from the dealer.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I am not qualified to comment on leasing, prices etc in Canada. However, I can say that if you can drive Mustang in bad weather, you will have no problems with the coupe on snow tires.

I am 6' 1" and 235 pounds. Like kumitenidan, I have a long torso since I wear a 32" inseam. I have a couple of inches between my head and the roof. I'm sure with all the adjustments in the seat and steering wheel, you can find a comfortable driving position.

With the leather, heated seats are great things to have.

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my black C230 M6 last Saturday in Kingston, ON. :lol: My only options were the 6-CD player, the Evolution (C7) package and Snow tires/rims (Michelin Pilot Alpins).

It's been snowing every second day since then, and boyoboy!, am I glad that I got the snow tires. I've driven the C230 on the C7 17inchers during a snowstorm (I wanted to see what the summer version of the Evolution C230 was like in bad winter conditions.) I was quite pleasantly surprised with the performance of the C230, although I really really gave the ABS and EPS systems a workout. But with the Alpins, the car now drives like a dream. Plus, I also get the added bonus of being very pleasantly surprised this spring when I replace my 16 inch Alpins with the Evolution 17-inchers. I can hardly wait!

Regarding MB financing flexibility, I bought my C230 through MBCC, and I was able to negotiate $2K under MSRP. So, at least for buying, they can be flexible on price.

Bottom Line times2:

1) Get winter tires if you want to enjoy driving in Calgary in the winter. You might be able to get by on the 16-inch "all-seasons", but the C230 just wants to go much faster than the all-seasons can tolerate, and that can be somewhat stressfull at times.

2) Put your doubts aside! The C230 is an excellent car (for a hatchback-lover like me anyways). It is a blast to drive, and I haven't even driven it during the summer yet!!!

:D :) :lol: :eek: :D :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I've had my c230 in Northern Ontario since October and I have nothing but praise for this car. Although they did not budge much on the price I don't feel too bad because I know people around me are paying the same or more for their pick-up trucks 8O

I have decided to try the all season tires for this winter. So far it has not been an issue since we have no snow. One day of freezing rain though and boy was I happy about the ESP. Greatest invention since sliced bread :D

I guess my only regret so far is not getting the Bose system. Not that my present system doesn't sound great but it's for those few times when you just have to turn up your favorite song, I find it lacks a little in the bass. But that can be fixed....

So just look at your steering wheel with that nice star everytime you wonder if you did the right thing :!:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lynn said:
The Bose also lacks bass. The major problem is the crappy MB-Alpine headunit. A swap to the Audio 10 headunit used in Europe will produce more bass and a better overall sound according to those who have changed.
Is this something I can get through the dealer?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just got mine; I'm not tall, but I'm really enjoying driving it. I didn't get the sunroof. I think lack of sunroof adds a little headroom. I highly recommend the heated seats. There's something about these (leather) seats that really keeps them cold. I didn't get the heated seats since I've never noticed the issue in my other leather seated cars, but I really wish I had the heated seats in the C230. I've only driven it once in the snow so far. The ESP seemd to help prevent fishtailing, but it wasn't enough snow to really test traction. In a lot of snow, I think I'd borrow my wife's Camry if only to protect the C230 from the other crazy drivers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds good

Now all I need to do is sell my 2000 mustang convertable.
I have untill the end of april is when the car should arrive.
wish me luck.
Thanks too all :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I went for anouther test drive....

The salesman insisted he drive first...

What a crazy nut...He went on a ICE road...no kidding and to my original thought was trying to kill me. Well all I can say is wow ESP ESP ESP ESP
it had the evelution package on it and I though fore sure no way these tires could do a good job...

Well NO DOUBTS NOW...

I am very excited... I can imagine when I put 16" rims with snow tires on how well it will handle......thanks all

·
Registered
98 Posts
I finally got to drive on snow and I still can't believe how well ESP works. One day I say 6 accidents (cars in the ditch on their sides, three car pile ups) on a ten minute stretch of highway... 8O I just love my bubble car :D Most of the time the only way I know the road is slippery is with the flashing warning light (and that's without winter tires) So go ahead and have fun in Calgary with no worries.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts