Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2004 C230 coup Monday night. It is Mars red with a 6 spd. man. trans and the 7 spoke 17" alloys. What agreat car on the dry roads :lol: , and what a pig in the snow 8O . I had baught a set of Arctic Alpins for it, but didn't want to drive home from the dealer with a brand new car full of wheels and tires, so I drove it home on the summer tires and installed the snows in my driveway. Unfortunately I live in upstate NY and we had gotten 10" of snow the night before. Luckily a lot of the snow melted before I got to the dealer. We are supposed to get more snow tonite. I can't wait to see how she does with the right tires in the snow.

YHis is the first Mars red Merc. I've seen. It is a deeper red than Magma. Almost a Ferrari red. I am looking forward to putting on lots of fun tutonic miles. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had another snow storm and I got a chance (one of many) to use the car with the snow tires. It is very well behaved and controllable. It is a night and day difference from the summer tires. I strongly recommend this if your area has more than the most occational snowfall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
First best of luck on your new Mercedes, I have had mine a year now and nothing went wrong in this time period.I hope you find it a great car like I do. I also run my car with Michelin artic alpines. in the winter months the weather in connecticut can be tough at times . Its a good tire in dry roads and great in snow. Welcome to our forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts