Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have used K&N Filters before with good results; low cost method to get a little bit more throttle response and also deepen the exhaust note. Would there be any benefit on an ML320? Or is there a good cold air intake option? Anyone have any experiences with either? I know cold air intakes typically work great with normally aspirated engines (i.e. bimmers, Audis), but do they work with MLs and if so, any recommendations.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
any company would be hard pressed to design an intake better than the one your vehicle is already equipped with. no one has been able to show any measurable horsepower gains with an aftermarket system yet. as for the K&N filter, your vehicle has enough problems with little bits of dirt causing the MAF sensor to malfunction (and they're not necessarily cheap). i would personally avoid introducing this sort of modification to your MB. there is no actual gain from it save for a bit more intake noise. .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the good info; I actually did replace a MAF sensor about 20K miles ago, and yes, they are not cheap. So Factory Air Filter it is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts