Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother just bought a 2000 C230. The keyless entry only seems to have a range of about 5 feet, and you must point the remote at the sensor in the door handle. Is this normal for the W202? I have a W203 and it has great range.

Does the W202 not use a radio signal??? Is it just infrared?

Thanks
Adrian

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem on my 240. Transmitter would only work when pointed at the IR receiver on either door handle. Dealer said some module was damaged inside the car and had it replaced. Now the transmitter works as you would expect it to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She just had the car at the dealership and they told her that this was normal for these cars. Of course they don't have any other W202's on the lot for us to compare.

Can anyone with a last gen C-class comment on whether this is normal?

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
My W202 C280 Sport works from inside my house about 15ft but its has to be aimed exactly right and at the sensor on the mirror its not like my other cars where its radio signal and you dont have to aim it, mercedes allways makes things more difficult than needed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keyless range on my 2003 C230 is about two blocks. I've had it work from as far as 200 ft. away. However, if I wanted to close or open sunroof that'll only work from 4-5 ft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts