Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone staying up late (midnight or later) to watch the results?

I am, but would normally not. Wife gets in late tonight, so I thought I'd stay up for her. Study and watch the coverage at the same time. Easy enoug to concentrate on the books, as much of the info will be a repeat of what they said 20 mins prior. ;)

·
Banned
357 Posts
I get up at 5 to get ready for hunting and drive on all day, no matter how hard I try I'm snoozing @ 9:30pm .

I'm glad to see Edwards is going to make sure MY vote is counted. Only 3 counties in Michigan went to Kerry and I'm supposed to feel good about the process.

Prediction court battles and run offs till Feb.

·
Banned
357 Posts
………………………………._
…(\……......oooOOO(_)OOOooo..\v/…………./)
…(\\…………._¤.¤.¤.¤.¤.¤.¤.¤.¤__(.(………...//)
..(\\\......(__E PLURIBUS UNUM__)……….///)
…(\\\\......).)............'......................../ ///)
..(\\\\\..../^\........_____................../////)
..(\\\\(\...........__/.§.\\\\\.............../)////)
…(\\\(\\\........(---\…….\\\\\…………...///)///)
…(\\(\\(\\..…………"/\\\\\\\\\........../)///)//)
….(\\(\\\(|.…………/\\\\\\\\\\.........|)///)//)
….(\\\(\(\\.……..…/\\\\\\\\\\\.......//)/)///)
….(\\\(\\(\|……|\/___/\.___\/|……|/)//)///)
……(\\\(\\(\\__|====.====|__//)//)///)
…….(\\\(\\(\\\\|====.====|////)//)///)
………(\\\(\\(\\\|====.====|///)//)///)
………(\\\\(\\(\\|||.||.||.||.||.||//)//)////)
…………(\\\(\\\(|||.||.||.||.||.||)///)///)
…………….(\\\\(\\||.||.||.||.||.//)////)
………………..(\\\(\|.||.||.||.||/)///)
………………………(\\.||.||.||.|//)………………xxx
………..P…………….(\||.||.||./)……………….////
………P\\P………..(//\|.||.||/\\)……………////
…………\\P…….(////)\.||.|/(\\\\)……….////
…………P\\…..(////)\|\||./|/(\\\\)…...////
…………….\\…(//)..||//\/\\||..(\\)….////
………………\\o//….////|||\\\\\...\\o////
…………....8\\/…//////|||\\\\\\..\///8
……………….o\\.(//////|||\\\\\\).///o
…………………//…(/////|||\\\\\).////
………………..V……(////|||\\\\).////
…………………………..(//(|)\\)

G. W. Bush

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did late last night. Another close one, though Gore won last time by about 5,000 votes.

John Kerry (Dem) 1,364,611 50%
George W. Bush (GOP) 1,345,817 49%
Ralph Nader (Ind) 14,998 1%
Michael Badnarik (Lib) 5,913 0%
Walter Brown (Soc) 432 0%
David Cobb (Grn) 2,452 0%
James Harris (SWP) 373 0%

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks....MSNBC still shows it being 'up in the air'.

Also, CNN has Ohio as being undecided :roll:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CNN is showing Wisc in the air?

Man-o, the networks are being ultra sensitive due to the egg in their face from last time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
W126 said:

Man-o, the networks are being ultra sensitive due to the egg in their face from last time.
Nope. CNN calls Wisconsin for Kerry, but won't call Ohio for Bush :oops:

·
Registered
28 Posts
W126 said:

But the networks showed no hesitation in calling the close states for Kerry, but are waiting an excruciatingly long time in calling close states for Bush.

Another blatant example of media bias.

Such as:

The Pennsylvania race was closer (Kerry gets 51.08%) than the Ohio race (Bush gets 51.2%) or Nevada race (Bush gets 51.4%).   Think about this fact.  Did the networks have any problem calling Pennsylvania for Kerry?  None whatsoever.  I believe one network had Pennsylvania in the Kerry column within an hour of the polls closing.  And when one considers that absentee ballots always break in the direction of conservatives, the Pennsylvania race will further tighten while the Ohio race widens.

With 99% of the vote in, New Hampshire had 50.7245% for Kerry to 49.2755% for Bush and was called for Kerry?
When Wisconsin had 99% of the vote in with 50.2255% for Kerry to 49.7745% for Bush,. the networks had no trouble in calling it for Kerry?

Absentee ballots would normally have made these races tighter.

Iowa has 99% of the vote in with 50.5325% for Bush to 49.4675% for Kerry and has NOT been called for Bush?
Are you aware that when New Mexico had 99% of the vote in with 50.8816% for Bush to 49.1184% for Kerry and had NOT been called for Bush?
Are you aware that Nevada had 99% of the vote in with 51.3536% for Bush to 48.6464% for Kerry and wasn't called for Bush (except for one network) until today?

Absentee ballots would only make these races wider.

I could write a commentary here, but why bother?

·
Banned
357 Posts
Lets not be upset at the media, it may be those exit polls that nudged more conservs to the polls.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh, I'm not upset all.

My man won. :D

I suspect it could work both ways, though.

I can just picture people who hadn't yet voted, those listening to the radio in their cars, waiting in a long line at the their polling station, etc., hearing the news of the early exit polling data that Kerry is going to win in every swing state (except W. Virginia), and saying to themselves, "why bother?", if Kerry is projected to win anyway.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Howitzer said:
Lets not be upset at the media, it may be those exit polls that nudged more conservs to the polls.
You are so right about this---I have heard more rednecks around here talking about going to vote because of the huge effort the democratic party made in this state to register first-time voters. Hell, there were reported 9 hour lines in Ohio.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts