Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever it rains my front driver and passenger side floor in my 1999 300TD fills with water. Any ideas where the leak may be?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ok. Get a hose. Have some one spray the car with a steady stream of water in different places. While this is going on, look around inside the car. When you see water coming in from somewhere, and the hose is in a certain position outside the car, you should be able to deduce the general area that your leak is coming from. If that fails, pull up the carpet. It should offer a fairly good clue as to the source of your permeability.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two other areas you may want to check out (at least on my '87). The first is the area that drains run off from the windshield (I think it also drains the battery tray) and runs down the right front fender panel. When mine got clogged up, it leaked exactly the way you described.

The other area is to make sure that the sunroof drain is working properly. Mine came disconnected, but since it drains at the right B panel, you typically see it at the base of the front seats where the rear anchor bolts are.

I hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts