Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I'm in the UK and will be going to France, so the dipped beam MAY need to be changed, I'm asking how would one do that, is there an x axis adjustment on my model. Thanks.
Also my mistake - it is 2014 ('64 plate) not 1964.

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
89 Posts
Hi. From my limited research, it is not possible to adjust the beam pattern. Replacing the headlamps may be required. Sorry I am not much more help here.

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
947 Posts
There are temporary lenses that stick onto your headlights, they used to be called "Dipright".
They are available from Halfords I think! Here in Spain and Gibraltar I notice lots of UK cars with them fitted, like these

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
947 Posts
If your car has this option, here are the instructions.

Setting the dipped-beam headlamps for driving on the left/right
This function is available only in vehicles with the Intelligent Light System.

You can use this function to switch between symmetrical and asymmetrical dipped beam.

Press on the steering wheel to open the menu list.
Press or on the steering wheel to select the Settings menu.
Confirm by pressing on the steering wheel.
Press or to select the Lights submenu.
Press to confirm.
Press or to select the Dipped beams Setting for function.

• You will see the selected setting, right-side traffic or left-side traffic .
Press to save the setting.
  • If you change the setting, conversion does not take place until the next time the vehicle is stationary.
If you set the dipped-beam headlamps for driving on the right /left, then motorway mode and the extended range foglamps are unavailable. These are deactivated only if the setting for driving on the left /right is set opposite to your vehicle's country version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts